PHFA offers a wide range of loans, services and programs. Below is a brief rundown of offerings – for more information please visit www.PHFA.org or call 717-780-3800.
• Home purchase loans with competitive interest rates and lower fees.
• Down payment and/or closing cost assistance to eligible homebuyers.
• Mortgage Credit Certificates, which allows homebuyers to claim a tax credit for 50 percent of the mortgage interest paid per year, capped at $2,000 annually.
• Access modification loans to make the home accessible to individuals with a disability.
• Refinance options to homeowners seeking to lower their monthly mortgage payment.
• A wide range of loans for energy efficiency repairs, renovation work, sewage system repair and more.
• Housing counseling to those unsure if they can afford to own their own home or to homeowners currently struggling to make mortgage payments.
• Foreclosure prevention assistance to homeowners struggling to make their mortgage payment.
• An online affordable rental housing locator, www.PAHousingSearch.com, that lets you look for rental housing by entering location, targeting monthly rent payments and other criteria that match your needs.
In addition, PHFA’s Multifamily Division utilizes tax credits, federal HOME dollars, agency dollars and more to build and maintain affordable housing developments throughout the Commonwealth.
PHFA Housing Services Conference
June 18-20, 2014
Scranton Hilton & Conference Center
PHFA Commonwealth Housing Forum
May 7-8, 2015
On street metered parking is available widely throughout Harrisburg, and off-street parking is available in the River Street Garage, accessed via Second Street. PHFA also has a private garage, available with appointments.
|Industry Partner Award||PennDel AHMA||2007|
|Annual Award for Program Excellence||National Council of State Housing Agencies||2006|
|Economic Key to Success||Anchor Awards||2010|
|Rep. Henry B. Gonzalez Award||National Council of State Housing Agencies||2011|
|Annual Award for Homeownership & New Production||National Council of State Housing Agencies||2003|
|Annual Award for Management Innovation Operations||National Council of State Housing Agencies||2006|
|Annual Award for Rental Housing Multifamily Management||National Council of State Housing Agencies||2000|
|Annual Award for Program Excellence, Management IT||National Council of State Housing Agencies||2006|
|Annual Award for Annual Report||National Council of State Housing Agencies||2006|
|The Hermes Gold Award, Information Resources Division||Davey Awards||2011|
|Information Resources, Annual Report Award||Marcom Gold Awards||2009|
|Impact Award||National Council of State Housing Agencies||2006|
|Community Impact||Best Practices Philadelphia||2007|
|Campaign Excellence Award||United Way Capital Region||2012|
|HYP Business Move of the Year||Harrisburg Young Professionals||2002|
|Community Service Award||Community Action Agency of Delaware County||2002|
|Excellence in Affordable Housing||Energy Star||2007|
|National Award of Excellence||NAHRO||2008|
|National Award of Merit in Program Innovation||Resident and Client Services||2004|
|Planning Award||York County Planning Commission||2008|
|Public Official of the Year, Brian Hudson||PA Statewide Independent Living Conference||2006|
|Appreciation Award||NeighborWorks America||2010|
|Certificate of Membership||Harrisburg Parks Partnership||2008|
|Outstanding Commitment Promoting
Resurgence of the Mon Valley
|Mon Valley Initiative||2005|
|Green Power Achievement, LEED Building Gold||PennFuture||2006|
|Mortgage Bankers Association Membership Certificate||Mortgage Bankers||2012|
|Harrisburg Regional Chamber Membership Certificate||Harrisburg Regional Chamber||2012-2013|
|Support for High School Sports||"Live" TV Sports||2012-2013|
|Appreciation Award||Habitat for Humanity International||2004|