The Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC's 2013 Business Expo @nd Technology Show Q&A
The Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC is pleased to announce the 27th annual Business Expo @nd Technology Show, one day only, on Thursday, November 14, 2013.
Including close to 200 exhibitors, and over 1,500 attendees, the Business Expo is the largest event that the Chamber & CREDC hosts annually. This business-to-business event offers maximum exposure for participating companies and provides a venue for boundless networking opportunities.
The Chamber has been doing this for 27 years, and when asked, offered these seven tried and true reasons why you should participate/attend.
1. Make contacts and build your business to business network.
2. Reach over 1500 attendees from the regional business community.
3. Support local businesses. (Over 50% of exhibitors are small companies.)
4. Reach a broad audience from Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry counties.
5. Build your brand. Business shows showcase your products and services.
6. Grow your business. Over 50% of attendees are looking for business-to-business (B2B)services.
7. Support your local chamber of commerce!
What is Expo City? This is a new concept, correct?
For the first time, we will be implementing an exciting theme into our 2013 show; Expo City! It is our hope that Expo City will exemplify the Chamber & CREDC's mission to connect local businesses throughout the region and bring together all members of our community. The show will feature aisles identified by street names, a city square surrounding our Title Partner (Giant Food Stores, LLC), "street food" vendors, and more! We encourage participants to decorate their booth with the Expo City theme in mind!
What else is new and exciting in this year's Expo?
We've created the 2013 Expo Retweet Challenge. In order to help spread the word about the Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC's 2013 Business Expo @nd Technology Show, we're offering an incentive to those of you in the Twitter-sphere! During the next few weeks leading up to the event and at the actual show on November 14th, we're asking you to send Tweets to your followers with the hashtag #HRC_BizExpo to help promote the Expo. Every Tweet you send out with #HRC_BizExpo is another chance for you to win a prize!
Prizes for the Retweet Challenge include:
• Microsoft Prize Package: 1 copy of Windows 8 Pro, 1 copy of Office 2013 Professional and 1 Microsoft Discount Card
• Four tickets for a bus trip to New York City (Winner will be selected on November 14th during the Expo)
A few rules for the Retweet Challenge:
1. The contest will begin on Monday, October 14th and will end at noon the day of the Expo on November 14th.
2. Tweets need to be relevant to at least one of the following: Harrisburg region, local startups, local businesses, technology, or the Expo itself.
3. All tweets need to include the #HRC_BizExpo hash tag and mention @hrccredc.
4. All tweets sent during the promotion period qualify, so tweet early and often, and just remember to keep the tweets unique.
5. If you create multiple accounts and/or spam Twitter, you will be removed from the contest (and Twitter will delete your account).
6. The winners will be selected at random from all of the entries received via the Chamber & CREDC's #HRC_BizExpo feed. All entries must meet the rules outlined above. We will announce the winners on the @hrccredc Twitter account on November 1st and at the Expo on November 14th.
What about your informative business seminars?
Expo Technology Seminars will also be held throughout the day during the Expo. The seminars are free to attend and pre-registration is required. Topics include: The End is Near! The Expiration of Windows XP/Office 2003, Maximizing Your On-Line Presence, and Why You Need A Customer Relationship Management Tool. Technology Seminar attendees will be entered into a drawing for several great door prizes. Winners will be announced during the seminar.
To register for any or all of the seminars, please follow the links below:
Tell us about the "Taste of the Expo".
The Expo will also feature "Taste of the Expo". This year's Taste of the Expo will allow attendees to try delectable samples from Chamber & CREDC member restaurants, hotels, and caterers from 12:00pm – 1:30pm.
Can businesses still get involved? Until when?
Expo Booths and sponsorship opportunities are still available and will continue to be available until booth space is sold-out.
Complete information is available at the Business Expo information page.
For our HarrisburgPA.com participating businesses, as well as other Business Expo exhibitors, here are the Chamber's "Top 5 Ways Exhibitors Can Drive Traffic to Their Booth".
1. Forward the Business Expo Admission Ticket (provided to all exhibitors by the Chamber & CREDC and available to download and print for FREE at HarrisburgRegionalChamber.org/Expo to clients and prospects ($5 savings).
2. Show off a new product or service at your booth.
3. Have a door prize drawing at your booth to collect business cards from attendees and other exhibitors.
4. Collect referrals from attendees by having them complete a brief survey or form.
5. Send out the Business Expo Invitation (provided to all exhibitors by the Chamber & CREDC) that includes your company name and booth number to clients and prospects, encouraging them to attend the show.
Attendees and businesses can find more information at the official website, http://harrisburgregionalchamber.org/expo
(Click on the main image below to see a larger gallery, sharing, and download options. )